The Cthulhu Hack Redux
I have launched the new version of The Cthulhu Hack core rules through RPGNow and DriveThruRPG. This is not a major revision in terms of content, but has undergone a completely fresh layout and a typeface refresh.
The book has undergone a brisk tweaking around the edge and I have done my damnedest to bring the PDF into the the late 20th century. The electronic version now includes:
- Hyperlinked table of contents
- Hyperlinked index
- Hyperlinked internal page references
- PDF bookmarking
By all means tell me if I have missed something or if you have trouble using any of these features.
In addition to the linking, the edition includes:
- Clear marking of Optional rules
- A note on running campaigns
- Hit Dice as Resource
- The return of the Bruiser
- Brief notes on handling / the flavour of Common and Mythos foe attacks
- Dealing with Multiple Attacks
- A new introduction to Save Innsmouth
- Various tweaks to Save Innsmouth, reminding me this is Chapter 0 of a longer campaign
- A little guidance about what to grab after the Core book
I hope that you enjoy the updated version and get use out of the bookmarking. I have submitted the updated files to my printer and await the electronic proofs to confirm readiness to go – having these in time for UK Games Expo.
If you already have the Core Book PDF in your online library, download the update. Otherwise, OneBookShelf currently have a May Sale that means you can pick up the Core at a discount. So, head over to DriveThru now before month end.